(Learning and Educating About Disabilities)
Sponsor: Al Pocock
"We are high school students who have adopted a mission to educate ourselves and others with respect to dealing with the social, academic and emotional aspects of learning disabilities"
What it is :
An educational program for students with learning disabilities.
Former CMHS principal Paul Martin, LEAD director Al
- Host community speakers at our school to further the educational opportunities for ourselves and our peers.
- Give formal and informal presentations to teachers, students and community in our district to increase their level of understanding and awareness.
- Provide in service training for new teachers with respect to learning disabilities.
- Act as a resource to our larger community for information regarding learning disabilities.
- Develop skills for self-advocating with teachers, fellow students, administrators and the community.
- Establish 9th grade training program.
- Conduct mentoring programs for junior and senior high school students with learning disabilities.